Medical Hypnotherapy is an eclectic approach which combines elements of Counselling, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming and other well established psychotherapeutic methods.
Hypnosis is a physical as well as mental state of relaxation, an altered state of consciousness into which individuals allow themselves to enter so that desired, beneficial suggestions may be given directly to the subconscious mind.
Hypnotherapy means the use of hypnosis for the treatment and alleviation of a number of somatic, psychosomatic and psychological conditions.
Hypnotherapy is not a stand-alone treatment but an adjunct to mainstream medical, dental, surgical and psychiatric treatment. It can often be very efficient in the wholistic management of a number of conditions, such as:
- Panic Attacks
- Phobias and Fears
- Preparation for MRI and CT Scan
- Preparation for Surgery and Invasive Medical Procedures
- Pain Management (Pain Relief)
- Gastro-intestinal disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Functional Bowel Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disorders such as High Blood Pressure
- Dermatological disorders such as Eczema, Psoriasis, Warts, Herpes Simplex
- Allergy and Asthma
- Gynaecological disorders such as PMT, Dysmenorrhoea (Painful periods), Psychogenic Infertility
- Psychosexual dysfunction such as Impotence, Premature Ejaculation, Frigidity
- Painful intercourse
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Weight Control (Weight Reduction)
- Stop Smoking
- Breaking unwanted habits such as: Alcoholism, Drug abuse, Nail biting, Stuttering
- Nocturnal enuresis (Bed Wetting)
- Chronic Illnesses such as Cancer and Diabetes
Hypnotherapy can be successfully used for Personal Development or Self Improvement in areas such as:
- Building Self-Confidence
- Building Self-Esteem
- Overcoming Insecurity
- Overcoming Shyness
- Promoting Self Acceptance
- Positive Thinking
- Reaching Personal Goals
- Improving Sport and Academic Performance
- Public Speaking
You may always contact us and ask for an advice if you are not sure whether Hypnotherapy can be useful in your particular concern.
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing is a psychotherapeutic technique used to treat troubling symptoms as a result of traumatic experience. The beneficial effects are achieved by alternating stimulation of the right and left hemispheres of the brain using eye movements, hand tapping or auditory stimulation.
EMDR Psychotherapy can be successfully used to treat:
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Panic Attacks, Addictions, Sexual Abuse
PAIN THERAPY CLINIC – SCENAR / INTERX 5000
The Clinic offers an innovative, natural, drug free approach to psychological and physical aspects of pain management.
We use the latest space age technology (SCENAR / InterX 5000) to help our patients deal successfully with pain.
SCENAR / InterX 5000 Therapy is highly effective in the treatment of:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Shoulder, Arm, Wrist and Hand Pain
- Leg, Knee, Ankle and Foot Pain
- Arthritic Pain
- Sports injury
It can also be used pre and post operatively to speed up recovery and to promote an increase in energy after an illness.